National Conference of Youth in Conserving and Developing Traditional Culture
Our Artistic Director, Chey Chankethya, has been chosen to give a discussion in the National Conference of Youth in Conserving and Developing Traditional Culture at Chaktomuk Conference Hall on 25th of October 2014. She was in the topic of “Pros and Cons in Obtaining Foreign Culture, and in what way we can develop our Cambodian culture by accepting foreign culture?”
“Of course, there is no forbidden in accepting another culture besides their own culture. “-Kethya. The discussion went very well along with things worth spreading from Kethya to the audiences and Cambodian young generations to think and observe them any way they are favor of. Have a read about her ideas in this topic below:
- Expanding their knowledge in the acceptance of other cultures.
- Personal development capacity.
- Walking pace with society.
- Promoting their national culture.
- Getting a job opportunity.
- Confusion own identity if we do not have enough knowledge to own culture.
- No value on traditional culture.
- Copy from foreign cultures, lack of proper understanding.
These are the Pros and Cons in obtaining foreign culture. Kethya has given some messages about the benefit of obtaining foreign culture. She said, “We could convert foreign culture to serve social status and arts by having workshops, collaboration with foreign artists, sending our national artist to other country, comparing their own culture to another culture and find a new culture to serve the society.” Mostly, all artists always want to know more about their own culture after they know a lot about other culture.